Monday, February 8, 2010

Dissecting Topics... Today's Topic is... Coffee!


COFFEE

Some people can't have a normal day without it. I can't function without it: "Don't talk to me I, haven't had my my.... oh man am I tired, what was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I haven't had my coffee yet". Last night it was my Ambien.

There's this type of coffee called "instant" coffee, we want everything instant- if I never had instant coffee, I would be a little disappointed when I found out you have to wait for the water to boil. How dare they lie, now if they would have called it "almost instant" coffee, I wouldn't care. But instant is such a demanding word. "Good morning, I need coffee instantly!" Immediately." No exaggeration with that one.

I feel they should call it desperate coffee "I need caffeine, don't have a coffee maker, give me my instant and hot tap water". Yes, desperate I was.

Always regretful when you drink too much coffee by accident. You can't go back. Especially if you have to get up early. "Tomorrow's going to be a long day, well there's always coffee!"

Coffee can be different flavors now, and I mean real different- " I need a caffeine kick and am craving KFC, oh perfect- I'll take the corn flavored coffee. Oh wait, you have dandelion, nah you know what? I'll have the french fry flavor coffee. I hope your to go bags are durable enough to double as a barf bag.

(What's hard) When you grab a cup of coffee togo, and you're running errands- some stores won't allow you in until you finish it. "You can't come in unless you finish that coffee" Their security is tighter on coffee policy's, meanwhile stolen merchandise is just breezing out the door. There's a decoy idea for you.

Not fond of when you buy a cup of coffee, and they won't let you fix it yourself. No matter how many times, I say "just a drop". I get a cup equivalent of a dairy farm. "How would you like your coffee miss?" "Oh I'll do it" "We can't do that ma'am" You can't do many things, such as customer service.

I hate when you goto a coffee shop, just want to relax and read the news paper while sipping on your over priced beverage, and you discover the coffee shop has turned into a library. Teenagers having environmental science meetings, people reading chapter books being read from Chapter 1 to finish. Waiting to snatch a table as with five other people is not a good situation for an unaggressive person like myself, and the coffee shop is certainly one place I do not want competition.

Now you would think the empire of coffee you know the place with the Medusa looking girl with the stars over her head logo- no not Seattle's Best, I'm talking about every single US and beyond metro area's best- don't you think they could be a little more generous with the bathrooms. A business once soly based on selling liquids- always seems to have just one bathroom. Maybe throw in an extra one- one that's not unisex.

I never understood when people said "I can make a mean pot of coffee" oh you mean, you know how to read directions? I didn't know I qualified then for praise. Good to know. Or are you saying you take vacations to Kenya, pick your own special coffee beans, and smash it up with your own method? Do let me know, as I will be very impressed with either or.

No comments:

Post a Comment